Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Peak Into The Cookbook Review Process : Olive Oil Desserts

Olive Oil, Chocolate, and Brownies No, its not "oh that looks good, hmmm, great picture, I think I like this book." The review process, for me at least, involves from real work, and of course taste testing.

While working on the review of "Olive Oil Desserts" by Micki Sannar the process was a little more intense as the subject is little different than most things to which people are accustomed.

Most recipes in the book were tried (and loved) then tried again and shared. These brownies are one of the many surprises. Of course after killing myself working through this book I discovered that many people I know actually think Hostess Cupcakes taste good. So perhaps all that work was for naught.

Regardless, Olive Oil Desserts is serving as the basis for the next culianry demonstration at Olive That And More    on 12 December 2012 in Upper Montclair. A formal review will also be shared on Hot From The Kettle   

 In the mean time, it's almost Small Business Saturday. I'm throwing my money at Watchung Booksellers, Olive That and More, JafaJems, and Banyan Tree in Montclair. See you around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment